Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography

One of my favorite things we do in GT is HDR Photography, and that's what we are doing now. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. HDR basically means better resolution pictures that, if not done right, can look really blurry and bad. It's used to make pictures look awesome, also to make the areas you want pop. I love using HDR because it makes regular landscape pictures look absolutely amazing and it's a pretty simple process.


First, you need a camera and a tripod (you'll see why). To take an HDR picture you actually need to take three or more pictures at different exposures. The camera can't move for this to work, which is why you need a tripod. Once you have taken the pictures merge them in photoshop (File, automate, merge to HDR Pro).Then do some customizing to get it to look however you want it to. I learned that the option of removing ghosting doesn't automatically make it 100% better.

Final Experiment

In the process, I thought about a lot of things like, if it looks surrealistic, and if the ghosting was ok, also if the colors were to vibrant or to dull. I was also a little upset because I took some nice pictures and I wanted to keep it realistic, but we had to make it look "dream like" so I had to. They turned out nice though, and I like how I made it surrealistic.
                          Final Landscape

The bottom picture is my Superimposed picture, and I really like it, because I think it look really cool how the colors are pretty similar. I also love how it looks like she is really daydreaming, and looking into the "explosion"/sunset in the clouds. But, I had trouble getting her into the rule of thirds because of how I took my experiment, and where her arm was cut off. She also looks like she is popping off the picture. I don't know if that's ok for the requirements, but I sorta like it. I think it's cool how the shadows are kind of like the sunset made the shadows.


Final Superimposed

24 comments:

  1. Your landscape photo is very surrealistic. I like how the text relates to the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your landscape has those golden colors in it. I think that you could improve on your placement of the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great emotions in Mandi! Amazing landscape! Overall Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really awesome job on the surreality of both the landscape photo and experiment photo! You also did a great job on the rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. landscape amazing everything great love the reflection on herface

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the text however it could be a bit bigger and brighter.
    Very surreal and i love the landscape shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo is very surrealistic, but I think Mandy's gamma should be reduced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors in the sunset are amazing! I think the text could've been better, but your subject is very surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your word! Your landscape is beautiful, but I feel like your cut-out could have been improved slightly as it looks a bit jagged in some places. Awesome job using rule of thirds, and overall, your final product is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the text but it could be larger, great landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your landscape image and your little sister is so cute!
    I think you could improve your text because the opacity could have been turned down a little.
    You have a great over-all product... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job Haley! Your landscape is really surrealistic! I think that you could have madeyour text larger. Great use of rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos.
    Next time try to make your pictures not in your words.
    great amount of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome background.
    You could have made the text a bit bigger.
    Overall the image is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your landscape is amazing! (O.O Your sky is awesome!) Your text could be bigger. But overall, your cut out is right on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job on your Super Impose! I really like how your positioned Mandy toward the sky. Great thinking! I think the text could have been a lot thicker. Either way, I really love the surrealism in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the landscape, it's very surrealistic! One thing that you could improve is to make the text a little larger, but I love how it pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your landscape photo is breathtaking! Same with your profile picture, both are very surreal. I also like your choice of words, but it could be just a little bit more opaque and slightly bigger. Great photo though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job, the colors are awesome and the way you positioned her is really nice. Your text could be a bit bigger, but it looks nice. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Photos! Love the landscape!
    Maybe a different placement of the text?
    Really great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The sunset in the background looks really good. The portrait looks really good in front of your landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful landscape. I love the sunset and great idea of the edit on Mandi. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your landscape! Awesome surrealism. However, I think your text could have been done better (more effects). Amazing focal point and rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like how surreal both of your photos are. I think that you could've made your text a bit bigger, but I really like how you used the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete

Soul Eater LogoCute Running Puppy