Thursday, March 12, 2015

Typography Images

Describe your biggest challenge during this project. What did you do to overcome the issue?
Explain each of your 3 examples, what makes them different, which one is your favorite & why?
15 sent, 3 finished images, 5 hyperlinks

So, my project is now to make a "Typography portrait" of a teacher at KMS. According to google, typography is the style and appearance of printed matter, which basically means, what words and letters look like, and how they are arranged. A typography portrait is when words are on a portrait or making up the face of the person in the portrait. I makes a portrait go from "just" to "wow." I makes the picture look so amazing and breathtaking. It's an unforgettable image in the end.

My biggest challenge was getting the pictures and crops just right to make it look really good. My brain was still in the last project and I wouldn't crop the picture close enough. But I got it eventually... I just thought to myself, ok just a little room above the hair/head and about the same amount of space on both sides of their face. 

I made three different typography portraits:

The first one is a typography of Marie Curie My "innovator typography."


This is my chorus teacher Ms. Lardizibal, and I made a Typography of her.



My final Typography Portrait of me!!!!!!!!!!! I think it looks really nice actually, even though the words are just black. In my defense, if I added any color it wouldn't look as nice in my perspective. Here's a before and after of this picture:

  

So now that I'm done, I can talk about what troubled me the most... GETTING MY FACE VISIBLE! So I just had to make the Shadows layer filled with black words to get it visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Eater LogoCute Running Puppy