Wednesday, September 24, 2014

HikiNo Behind the Scenes

Mr. Sanderl assigned us to create an episode idea for HikiNo. HikiNo are news episodes that are made by students from different islands of Hawaii, these episodes are shown on Tv on PBS Hawaii every Thursday (I think). Kaylynn Drake, Sydney Nice, Leslie Acoba, and I are team 4. So, for my groups project idea, we are planning to do a profile story about the Drake Ohana, Mike Drake, Michael-Alan Drake, Emmsley-James Drake, and Kaylynn about how and why they do fire knife dancing. We decided as a team that we wanted to do it about Kaylynn Drake and her family because her family has been doing fire knife dancing for years and has been passing it down for generations. The story is about passing down the Samoan tradition and culture from generation to the next.

When the camera is not rolling we are coming up with ideas to make this profile story something more different, because Hiki No had another story about another fireknife dancer. So, we are also coming up different b-roll and lots of different edits. We as a team are trying our very best to make this something that no one has seen before. A lot of pressure is on us, so we have to try to make this perfect as can be. We will be discussing more things about how we should set the other shots for the other camera shots.

I think one thing that I can do to help my team is to always try to come up with fresh ideas to make this profile story interesting. Due to everything that's happening I can also focus on what we need to do and remind everyone about the due dates. I could also make sure every interview is done right, the b-roll is great, and ect. To help my team I can give options that I think would make the video even more better, I can help set up the cameras, and just see if they want me to do anything for them. The more we encourage and be there for each other, the more we will be come more of a team. Teamwork is everything! One thing I can do to help my team would be to be there and help plan things and be there to give more advice or maybe different camera angles. I think that our video will turn out really cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Eater LogoCute Running Puppy